Phase Change Solutions (PCS) is a global leader in the development and supply of phase change materials (“PCMs”). The company’s proprietary PCMs, collectively referred to as BioPCM® include PCM’s certified with 100% bio-based content and listed among the USDA’s BioPreferred® Program products. BioPCM® products can store and release thermal energy at temperatures ranging from -75°C to 175°C while exhibiting a variety of additional advantages. This precise tunability enables customers worldwide to use BioPCM® products to reach their sustainable development goals (SDGs).
Since its founding in 2011, PCS has helped maintain optimum temperatures and save energy in a range of industries: transportation of perishables and pharmaceuticals, buildings and structures, telecom and data centers. PCS was recognized as a 2020 Global Cleantech 100 company and one of ten Bloomberg BNEF Global Pioneer award winners for 2020 and one of nine inaugural cohort companies in The Clean Fight New York.
Title: Design Technician Report to: Director of Engineering Location: Greensboro NC
The Design Technician designs, documents, tests packaging and material handling products using a variety of materials to meet customer expectations.
- Works closely with account managers and customers in making design and material suggestions.
- Coordinates the transfer of customer product CAD drawings when available.
- Works with manufacturing to ensure that designs can be manufactured per customer requests.
- Assists manufacturing with assembly related questions.
- Creates prototype drawing specifications using CAD for customer approval, external testing, and tooling requirements.
- Records all sample and production drawings and keeps them up to date.
- Produces production and engineering change requests specifications as needed
Skills and Experiences
- High school diploma required. Associates degree in an engineering related field a plus.
- Knowledge and/or course work in drafting, CAD required.
- Solid math skills are a must.
- Ability to use computer applications required.
- Good interpersonal communication and organizational skills required.
Vision & Values
Our Vision: Smart Materials for People and the Planet
Our Values: Teamwork, Respect for All, Uncompromising Integrity, Environmental Consciousness
Phase Change Solutions (PCS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of PCS to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please submit your resume in confidence to Chris Bueter, Head of Human Resources, at email@example.com to be considered for this exciting and industry shaping role.
Join PCS on our journey to create a sustainable future!