Phase Change Solutions (PCS) is a global leader in the development and supply of phase change materials (“PCMs”). The company’s proprietary PCMs, collectively referred to as BioPCM® include PCM’s certified with 100% bio-based content and listed among the USDA’s BioPreferred® Program products. BioPCM® products can store and release thermal energy at temperatures ranging from -75°C to 175°C while exhibiting a variety of additional advantages. This precise tunability enables customers worldwide to use BioPCM® products to reach their sustainable development goals (SDGs).
Since its founding in 2011, PCS has helped maintain optimum temperatures and save energy in a range of industries: transportation of perishables and pharmaceuticals, buildings and structures, telecom and data centers. PCS was recognized as a 2020 Global Cleantech 100 company and one of ten Bloomberg BNEF Global Pioneer award winners for 2020 and one of nine inaugural cohort companies in The Clean Fight New York.
Title: Director of Engineering Report to: VP, Business Creation Location: Remote (travel as required)
The Director of Engineering will build and lead the engineering function/competency center for the company. She/he will be responsible for all engineering issues across our business product lines including the design, development and implementation of unusually complex and unique customer thermal management solutions in accordance with project budgets and release schedules.
- Working in conjunction with the commercial team, the Director of Engineering will anticipate future needs and uses for PCS products and develop and implement new approaches to engineering design and development with complex scope and customer impact.
- Develops long range plans and creates general engineering or product strategies goals.
- Reviews all engineering specifications on an on-going basis for relevancy and gaps and collaborates with the technology team to address needs as they arise.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers on engineering issues involving the product
- Works with senior business group management to ensure that programs, strategies and processes address high value problems for our business units and are aligned with the company’s vision, mission and direction.
- Defines performance metrics for the engineering team, in collaboration with internal business leadership and reports on the engineering functions’ progress against business unit specific goals.
- Leads their team with a collaborative, “roll up your sleeves” mentality with an ability to
- engage productively in all aspects of the engineering function.
Skills and Experiences
- A bachelors’ degree in an engineering related field is required with a Masters’ degree or higher level of education in that field of study preferred.
- 10-15 years of progressively expanding experience in the engineering field is required. Previous work experience as a director of engineering or in a similar senior-level position in an engineering environment is strongly preferred.
- Working experience with Phase Change Materials and thermal energy management solutions is strongly desired.
- Hands-on experience in all aspect of product engineering in a customer solutions environment is required.
- Proven successful leadership through subordinate managers with a capability of executing segment/functional business plans through the work of others.
- Proven ability to collaborate with business leaders on segment/functional strategy creation and execution.
- Proven ability to resolve highly complex and unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgement.
Vision & Values
Our Vision: Smart Materials for People and the Planet
Our Values: Teamwork, Respect for All, Uncompromising Integrity, Environmental Consciousness
Phase Change Solutions (PCS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of PCS to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please submit your resume in confidence to Chris Bueter, Head of Human Resources, at email@example.com to be considered for this exciting and industry shaping role.
Join PCS on our journey to create a sustainable future!