Phase Change Solutions (PCS) is a global leader in the development and supply of phase change materials (“PCMs”). The company’s proprietary PCMs, collectively referred to as BioPCM® include PCM’s certified with 100% bio-based content and listed among the USDA’s BioPreferred® Program products. BioPCM® products can store and release thermal energy at temperatures ranging from -75°C to 175°C while exhibiting a variety of additional advantages. This precise tunability enables customers worldwide to use BioPCM® products to reach their sustainable development goals (SDGs).
Since its founding in 2011, PCS has helped maintain optimum temperatures and save energy in a range of industries: transportation of perishables and pharmaceuticals, buildings and structures, telecom and data centers. PCS was recognized as a 2020 Global Cleantech 100 company and one of ten Bloomberg BNEF Global Pioneer award winners for 2020 and one of nine inaugural cohort companies in The Clean Fight New York.
Title: Field Engineer Report to: Director of Engineering Location: Greensboro NC
The Field Engineer will be responsible for working with Account Managers to develop revenue winning strategies and to provide needed product sales support to successfully close strategic business opportunities. The Field Engineer will work closely with account management to research and understand the needs of strategic customers and define and document the technical business solutions to address those needs. This role will lead internal resource across the company to prepare and deliver compelling demonstrations and presentations as well as manage timelines and resources for Engineering deliverables. This role will develop a deep understanding of business issues and product offerings to define solutions that provide key business value. Additionally, the Field Engineer will work with customers to develop total cost solutions that will take into account costs, dim weight, pack out expense, conditioning costs and other ancillary areas that will incorporate the total packaging and supply chain costs of product solutions.
- Conceptualize and communicate how PCS products and services impact opportunities and sales coverage within the industry.
- Actively contribute to account strategy definition and review
- Perform needs assessments and solution discovery sessions
- Review/audit customer operations for business process improvement opportunities
- Actively contribute to account, product and market trend analysis to marketing and sales associates.
- Define which PCS products (and partner offerings if applicable) are best positioned to address prospective business opportunities.
- Deeply understand product functionality/capability gaps and define ways to address gaps using product enhancements, partners, etc.
- Define required product and technical responses for RFP requests
- Request and coordinate engineering, design and other technical resources needed to support the sales relationship.
- Partner at external events with marketing and sales resources to advance the knowledge and understanding of PCS products.
- Participate in New Product Development (“NPD”) initiatives across PCS and expand knowledge of those new products internally as well as externally.
Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or an engineering related field of study
- Five (5) of more years of proven pre-sales and sales success at selling business solutions in a complex, applied materials environment.
- Proven problem-solving skills necessary to ensure we successfully transition from a customer’s envisioned product solution to a revenue generating, high quality PCM product.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of manufacturing, distribution and cold chain and regulatory business issues.
- Proven success presenting technologies as business solutions
- Proven success selling into complex sales environments with both business and technical customers.
- Proven ability to understand market differences and driving forces behind market behaviors.
- Proven ability to create effective presentations in time constrained environments.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, follow through on commitments, and take corrective action where appropriate.
- Proven ability to work independently to advance business objectives.
- Ability to travel as needed to address customer and business needs.
Vision & Values
Our Vision: Smart Materials for People and the Planet
Our Values: Teamwork, Respect for All, Uncompromising Integrity, Environmental Consciousness
Phase Change Solutions (PCS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of PCS to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please submit your resume in confidence to Chris Bueter, Head of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this exciting and industry shaping role.
Join PCS on our journey to create a sustainable future!