Phase Change Solutions (PCS) is a global leader in the development and supply of phase change materials (“PCMs”). The company’s proprietary PCMs, collectively referred to as BioPCM® include PCM’s certified with 100% bio-based content and listed among the USDA’s BioPreferred® Program products. BioPCM® products can store and release thermal energy at temperatures ranging from -75°C to 175°C while exhibiting a variety of additional advantages. This precise tunability enables customers worldwide to use BioPCM® products to reach their sustainable development goals (SDGs).
Since its founding in 2011, PCS has helped maintain optimum temperatures and save energy in a range of industries: transportation of perishables and pharmaceuticals, buildings and structures, telecom and data centers. PCS was recognized as a 2020 Global Cleantech 100 company and one of ten Bloomberg BNEF Global Pioneer award winners for 2020 and one of nine inaugural cohort companies in The Clean Fight New York.
Title: Manager of Advanced
Informatics & Business Intelligence Report to: Director of Engineering Location: Remote
The Manager of Advanced Informatics & Business Intelligence will oversee enterprise data capabilities including Data Strategy, Enterprise Data Governance, Advance Analytics, Business Intelligence, Platform and Tool Strategy, Performance Optimization, Databases and Structure, Data Operations, M&V platform management, Privacy and Compliance. AI & BI manager will lead the charge to advance the integration of M&V capability by providing internal operation and customer facing thought leadership. She/he will also be a key player in driving business transformation for PCS from traditional data practices to modern/cutting edge data-driven strategies and executions that deliver on our growth plans and business objectives.
This role is part of the Engineering team and reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Direct the planning, organizing, staffing and leadership of data centric excellence to include interviewing, selecting, and training managers and senior staff positions; monitoring and appraising performance of direct reports; coaching and motivating direct reports and team members; and build teamwork across all internal and external partner organizations, consciously leading and enabling operational and transformational excellence.
- Implement an end-to-end data practice including acquisition, management, analysis, and recommendations to fuel both business insights as well as creative insights – stemming from the use of BioPCM powered solutions, across all businesses
- Create strategies that build and optimize structured and unstructured data environments for use in a range of temp and energy mgmt. applications
- Collaborate across various internal and partner teams to make data understandable and actionable
- Develop and execute data and analytics strategic roadmap, including establishing projects for channel partners and customers
- Identify programs, products and solutions by proactively partnering with internal teams and external partner companies – to integrate data analytics and M&V systems into BioPCM solutions
- Lead integration and deployment of cloud-based and internally developed data products
- Deploy portfolio of data and analytics services to drive efficiencies in business and operational areas through automation and improved business intelligence
- Lead research and development activities necessary to keep abreast of state-of-the-art technological advancements and trends relating to data management and analytics. Anticipate and actively address ongoing technology directions and progression pertinent to PCS mission and growth strategy
- Actively assist and contribute to business planning regarding technology, data, and business solutions. Assist in strategic planning efforts to meet business goals and in the development and direction of tactical plans, detailed objectives, and infometrics
- Develop operational plans and provide task resource estimation planning. Propose action plans that meet current and future business Set appropriate goals for the organization and monitor progress against the plan. Delegate and monitor resources to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Participate in the development and continuous improvement and drive marketing and product development processes by leveraging data analytics and insights.
- Coordinate the implementation of tactical data Participate in leading the business transformation effort to improve data capability to support PCS mission and growth objectives
- Identify opportunities for innovation in data acquisition, analyses and UI; assess marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to business success, and analyze opportunities and risks associated with delivering assigned responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with various levels of the organization, including business partners, management, and Develop and maintain interaction with external vendor partners and assist in the development of negotiations of procurement, disposition, and maintenance contracts.
- Understand overall business mission, vision and direction of PCS to ensure the management and implementation of new data/IOT solutions align with emerging business requirements
- Define requirements for new data technology implementation and validate them with key business partners while providing highly technical and responsible associate teams for completion of business objectives
Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in Computer Science, Advanced Analytics, or Statistics with 5 years of working experience in related field
- Experience in business intelligence, data warehousing, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, and database management.
- Structure analytical problems, extract and analyze data, and present findings and insights
- Demonstrate problem-solving ability with emphasis on drawing inferences with data
- Recommend, prepare, monitor and evaluate key metrics and KPI dashboards by analyzing patterns, usage and trends
- Contribute to business direction and strategy, and influence decision-making based on information gained from deep-dive and ad hoc analytics
- Demonstrates expertise in the visualization of data
- Direct experience with implementing business intelligence, data, and advanced analytics solutions.
- Experience working independently and self-managing projects supporting multiple stakeholders
- Expert with data analytic tools such as Microsoft Power BI.
- Energy/Healthcare/Pharma experience is a plus
- Familiar with CRM programs and systems such as Salesforce
- Strong strategic and Robust Process Improvement skills with ability and vision to map out improved business process flows.
- Successful track record operating as a customer-focused IT leader with a strong business partner orientation.
- Ability to manage and operate budgets with a track record for identifying opportunities to reduce costs while meeting or exceeding expected performance levels.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and foster collaborative relationships with ability to engage resources outside of direct control to gain consensus meet deadlines and achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects while possessing a strong ability to identify, analyze, solve problems, and make quality decisions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience (direct reports, peers, and senior management).
- Project management activities such as planning, scheduling, resource allocation, risk management, and prioritization.
- Superior relationship-building and influencing skills.
- Effective conceptual, analytic and judgment skills in tactical and strategic matters.
- Promote a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. Value different ideas and opinions. Listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- Experience working within process management concepts and improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of data governance, data quality management concepts, and data quality tools
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies, software design patterns, network design and architecture
- Experience in quantitative analysis and statistical modeling
- Must work well under the pressure of deadlines while delivering competent and capable results
- Must have very strong written and verbal communication skills
Vision & Values
Our Vision: Smart Materials for People and the Planet
Our Values: Teamwork, Respect for All, Uncompromising Integrity, Environmental Consciousness
Phase Change Solutions (PCS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of PCS to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please submit your resume in confidence to Chris Bueter, Head of Human Resources, at email@example.com to be considered for this exciting and industry shaping role.
Join PCS on our journey to create a sustainable future!