Phase Change Solutions (PCS) is a global leader in the development and supply of phase change materials (“PCMs”). The company’s proprietary PCMs, collectively referred to as BioPCM® include PCM’s certified with 100% bio-based content and listed among the USDA’s BioPreferred® Program products. BioPCM® products can store and release thermal energy at temperatures ranging from -75°C to 175°C while exhibiting a variety of additional advantages. This precise tunability enables customers worldwide to use BioPCM® products to reach their sustainable development goals (SDGs).
Since its founding in 2011, PCS has helped maintain optimum temperatures and save energy in a range of industries: transportation of perishables and pharmaceuticals, buildings and structures, telecom and data centers. PCS was recognized as a 2020 Global Cleantech 100 company and one of ten Bloomberg BNEF Global Pioneer award winners for 2020 and one of nine inaugural cohort companies in The Clean Fight New York.
Title: Polymer/Foam Chemist Report to: Chief Science Officer Location: Greensboro NC
The Polymer/Foam Chemist is responsible for conducting research and providing technical support with the Research and Development function of the company, consistent with the company’s R&D pipeline and product development objectives.
- Conducts polymer, foam and chemistry research in alignment with PCS’ goals, under the direction of the CSO in compliance with the company’s safety policies and best practices for laboratory research
- Provides technical support to the engineering, manufacturing, and sales teams as needed, including with respect to sampling, production and formulations, manufacturability, trouble shooting, data analysis, and documentation.
- Manages research projects in accordance with the company’s New Product Development (NPD) process, including documentation and gating.
- Draft and/or review position papers, customer proposals, grant proposals, or other similar written documents related to the company’s R&D and sales endeavors
- Works with the company’s IP counsel and legal department as needed to protect the company’s intellectual property, including by means of timely patent filings and protection of trade secrets.
- Remain abreast of research and publications in relevant areas of chemistry, material science, and adjacencies, including phase change materials research.
Skills and Experiences
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in polymer science, chemistry or material sciences with background in polymer and/or foam chemistry
- Five (5) or more years of research experience in those specialty areas noted above
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated creativity and intellectual and analytical rigor
- Experience communicating scientific concepts, research, and results to scientific and non-scientific audiences
- Experience with intellectual property disclosures and processes (including protection of trade secrets)
Vision & Values
Our Vision: Smart Materials for People and the Planet
Our Values: Teamwork, Respect for All, Uncompromising Integrity, Environmental Consciousness
Phase Change Solutions (PCS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of PCS to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please submit your resume in confidence to Chris Bueter, Head of Human Resources, at email@example.com to be considered for this exciting and industry shaping role.
Join PCS on our journey to create a sustainable future!