Phase Change Solutions (PCS) is a global leader in the development and supply of phase change materials (“PCMs”). The company’s proprietary PCMs, collectively referred to as BioPCM® include PCM’s certified with 100% bio-based content and listed among the USDA’s BioPreferred® Program products. BioPCM® products can store and release thermal energy at temperatures ranging from -75°C to 175°C while exhibiting a variety of additional advantages. This precise tunability enables customers worldwide to use BioPCM® products to reach their sustainable development goals (SDGs).
Since its founding in 2011, PCS has helped maintain optimum temperatures and save energy in a range of industries: transportation of perishables and pharmaceuticals, buildings and structures, telecom and data centers. PCS was recognized as a 2020 Global Cleantech 100 company and one of ten Bloomberg BNEF Global Pioneer award winners for 2020 and one of nine inaugural cohort companies in The Clean Fight New York.
Title: Program Manager, Buildings and Structures Report to: VP, Strategic Marketing Location: New York/New Jersey
Responsible for consistent and profitable delivery of PCS Products and Services to assigned accounts with primary emphasis on enabling clients with New York Local Law 97 compliance. Typically manages higher profile, higher complexity customers with multiple locations. Develops, proposes and implements total energy management strategies supporting the customer’s business objectives. Sells the development and expansion of energy services strategies to support the growth of the account. Pro- actively takes necessary actions as required to limit risk and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Leverages the use of PCS resources to implement and deliver contracted energy solutions and services. The Program Manager’s performance will be measured by revenue generation, specifically customer retention, customer growth and new customer acquisition, with the following KPI’s:
- Volume: Market penetration as well as key account penetration (%)
- Velocity: Speed and efficiency of pipeline conversions
- Value: Value of end-to-end funnel and average deal/key account value
- Works with the customer to define goals, objectives and methods of measurement for the energy Builds and maintains a scorecard summarizing key energy metrics for reporting to the customer and PCS management. Regularly updates and communicates scorecard results.
- Implements Specific Elements of PCS’ thermal management competencies to meet customer’s Identifies and manages resources from PCS and externally necessary to meet customer expectations and program objectives.
- Provides overall project and program management to ensure program deliverables are met on time and within Directs and manages sub- contractors as required.
- Manages PCS cost and revenue related to energy products and services programs to meet or exceed PCS profitability targets.
- Identifies opportunities to expand the scope of solutions delivered to the customer. Prepares the financial business case and Along with the Commercial team, presents the opportunity and proposal to the customer to secure the expanded solutions/services scope of work.
- Establishes regular communication processes with the customer’s key stakeholders to relay the PCS initiatives, key energy metrics, and progress against the plan.
- Leverages knowledge, expertise and best practices from within PCS to improve the effectiveness of the energy Contributes knowledge and best practices to others within PCS and specifically as it relates to energy services programs being established with other customers
- Participates in Quarterly Business Reviews with the customer and the Commercial team to provide updates on program results, activities and strategic initiatives.
- Remains informed of energy market/ecosystem and industry issues, trends and technologies which includes but is not limited to participating in industry associations, networking with technology vendors and monitoring key energy web-sites.
- May lead a customer energy solutions team comprised of representatives from different parts of the customer’s organization. Ensures involvement and support for the energy program from all key stakeholders within customer and PCS organizations.
- May directly manage other staff involved in the delivery of energy services to the Provides leadership, direction and performance management to staff as appropriate.
Skills and Experiences
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience, preferably in sales operations or other related disciplines
- The candidate must have experience in leading and assisting in the design, development, and delivery of initiatives, such as selling, sales processes and
- Extensive experience supporting sales in a complex enterprise sales environment
- Proven self-starter with ability to juggle priorities, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
- Strong critical and strategic thinker with ability to ramp-up quickly
- Robust communication skills (verbal, written) including ability to present, facilitate, and influence
- Independent problem solver who will take initiative and execute work
- Must be deadline driven, organized and able to multi-task
- Ability to work positively and collaboratively with team members at all levels, leaders and cross-functional team members
- Dedication to training adoption and impact, demonstrating results from past experience for program adoption.
- Strong & proven project management skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, sales, or relevant field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Basic computer skills, and experience with CRM software and the Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on superior Excel skills.
- Strong business orientation and negotiation skills, with ability follow-through on client contracts.
- Ability to multitask and manage more than one client
- Proven results of delivering client solutions and meeting sales
- Candidate must be based in the New York area
Vision & Values
Our Vision: Smart Materials for People and the Planet
Our Values: Teamwork, Respect for All, Uncompromising Integrity, Environmental Consciousness
Phase Change Solutions (PCS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of PCS to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please submit your resume in confidence to Chris Bueter, Head of Human Resources, at email@example.com to be considered for this exciting and industry shaping role.
Join PCS on our journey to create a sustainable future!